Monday, August 5, 2019

"Pressed Leaves" Quilt (Table Runner/Wall Hanging)


Pressed Leaves

I've been learning to quilt and I am enjoying it so much.  My friend, Belinda, noticed there was a Quilt Expo in Castle Rock, Colorado, a few weeks back.  We went and we found some great projects.  I bought a pattern called "Pressed Leaves" by Tonya Alexander.  The vendor who had the pattern had this great news print fabric which is the same fabric that is pictured in the pattern. For the colorful leaves, I used scrap fabric I had at home.  I am really pleased with how this turned out.  I love the piecing part of quilting but I am finding it very difficult to do the quilting/top stitching on large objects.  This table runner/wall hanging was a manageable size.  We hung this wall hanging in our front entry way. 

This pattern can be found at www.stashlabquilts.com




No comments: