Monday, June 3, 2019

I'm Making a QUILT!

BROKEN DISHES

I am making a quilt!  I found a great quilt "Sampler Sewalong" that I found on a blog called www.whitneysews.com 

So far I have made 9 of 12 quilt blocks and I am anxiously awaiting the video tutorials for the remaining blocks.  After that, I presume there will be instructions for how to finish all remaining steps for the quilt.  

I was visiting my mom and dad and sister in Oregon earlier in May. One day, my mom, sister, and I went fabric shopping.  I did not intend to shop for fabric for the quilt but I found this great charcoal gray fabric with the flowers and hearts.  It just really spoke to me!  I found a number of fat quarters in shades of green, peach, gray, and aqua that I thought coordinated nicely with the fabric. I also selected a white fabric that has tiny flecks of metallic silver for just a little bling.

I love trying out the various quilt blocks.  I can see my quilt piecing skills improving each and every block and I am thrilled about that.  For my quilt piecing, I purchased a special foot for my sewing machine.  It's a quarter inch foot that has a guard on it that helps one sew consistent 1/4 inch seams. It's not fool proof but I find this foot to be well worth the expense.  It was just under $20.00.

FRIENDSHIP STAR

RAIL FENCE

PUSS IN THE CORNER

CROSSES AND LOSSES


CHURN DASH


ROAD TO OKLAHOMA 

ANNA'S CHOICE... THIS ONE IS MY FAVORITE!

There is one more block called CRYSTAL STAR.  I guess I neglected to take a photo of that block all by itself.  

No comments: