Saturday, June 1, 2019

Norah's Vintage Afghan: Update


Norah's Vintage Afghan

A Norah's Vintage Afghan post is long overdue!

I have been working on this project since February 2016.  You can see all of the prior posts HERE.  Between February 2016 and June 2018, I completed 12 blocks.  I resumed work on this project on Easter Sunday earlier this year and whipped out the final 8 blocks. They are all blocked and ready to be sewn together. It's going to be a big job and I am procrastinating.  But I really want to be done!  My personal deadline was to finish it in May 2019, but I am writing this on May 30th.  Below you will see some photos that I snapped while some of the various blocks were pinned out on the blocking mats.  Above you can see all of the blocks layed out in the manner in which they will be stitched together.  I'll be sure to post some nice photos when it's finally complete.

NOTE:  If you happen to be making this project, you may want to reprint your pattern. There was an error in the key for the Block 20 Chart.  The orange cable stitch had the stitches reversed.  The pattern was most recently updated in January or February 2019.









No comments: