Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Wolkig Cowl





Wolkig... it's reversible.  Looks great right side out (above) and it looks great inside out (below).





Wolkig




I've been knit, knit, knitting along on a number of projects and I've finally finished something. This is a FREE pattern on Ravelry called "Wolkig".  It's a pattern by Martina Behm and most of the projects I am working on currently are Martina Behm designs.  I just love them!  Other Martina Behm designs include Hitchhiker (I've made five of them), Trillian (I've made two of them), and others.

The yarn I used on this project is from "Lilliput Yarn" in Beaverton, Oregon.  I got the yarn at a yarn shop that was in a person's home.  The place was a three story town home and you had to go down a few stairs to enter the lowest level, which is the space the yarn shop occupied.  Anyway, the yarn is called "Clifford"... as in "Clifford the Big Red Dog".  The clever yarn name made me love the yarn even more.

The Wolkig design is a very fun knit.  Let me tell you how simple it is.

Cast on 200 stitches. Join to knit in the round.
Place markers every 50 stitches.
*Purl 6, purl 3 together, knit until the last two stitches before the marker, kfb in the last two stitches.*  Repeat around and around until you run out of yarn or until the cowl is the desired length.

I noticed that the finished Wolkig is reversible. It looks nice from both sides.  You can see that in the top two photos above.  It's amazing that this simple pattern repeat in the round creates the cool ruched look.  I am not sure how much I will enjoy wearing this cowl; it's a little floppy.  Perhaps it will make a nice gift.  Whatever the case may be, I am tempted to cast on another Wolkig right away now that the needles are available because I just enjoyed knitting this pattern so much.  If you have a luxuriously soft skein of sock/fingering weight yarn in your stash, you might want to give this pattern a try.  It looks nice in all kinds of yarn... solid yarn, variegated, gradient... so many choices.  I am sure I have some other yarn in my stash that would work up well in this pattern.

Here is the link for the Wolkig pattern on Ravelry (click HERE).



No comments: