Friday, April 17, 2020

Snap Hat No. 6


Snap Hat 
Number 6

Snap Hat is a pattern I bought about a year ago.  I paid a few bucks for the pattern but have definitely gotten my money’s worth out of the pattern. I’ve made six Snap Hat’s so far.  This is a great pattern for using up leftover bits of socks yarn. The pattern gives great information about how you can hold multiple strands of yarn together to create a bulkier yarn and quickly knit up a hat on larger needles.  Many of my Snap Hats were knit using four strands of sock weight yarn. For the hat above, I used one strand of worsted weight yarn in gray and two strands of sock weight yarn in navy blue.  My husband has been wearing the hat on our daily morning walks and he really likes it. That makes me happy.  I don’t usually bring my camera on our walks so I took this photo from across the living room when he tried it on for the first time.  

At the very top of this post you’ll see a photo of my IPad.  I have been participating in some ZOOM conferences while we are staying at home during the pandemic.  I had never heard of ZOOM before.  If you are not familiar with it, it’s like a teleconference over an electronic device and you can see the participants and you can all talk together.  ZOOM is the name of the app that you download on your electronic device to participate in the ZOOM conference calls.  On Saturdays, I’ve been chatting with knitters I met at a retreat in the San Juan Islands about six months ago.  On Sundays, I’ve been attending some on line Vegan Cooking Classes. Fun!

Here is my husband wearing his hat.


The gray yarn is Abundant Earth Fibers “Aviary” in worsted weight that I purchased at my knitting retreat in the San Juan Islands.  Here is a link to the Abundant Earth Fibers website.  I’d love to visit their shop in person; it looks like an amazing place:


The blue yarn is Knit Picks “Stroll” sock weight yarn from my mom’s stash of yarn. Thanks, Mom!


No comments: