Wednesday, January 13, 2021

More Socks, Socks, Socks


Clearly I have been knitting lots and lots of socks lately but I have not been taking the time to show them here.  Here’s a quick post to show you my latest socks. These “Shorty Socks” are a quick knit except for the fact that I knit one socks back in July 2020??? and I did not get around to the second socks until this past weekend.

The pattern is from a collection of patterns by Summer Lee. The pattern collection is called “Shorty Sock Set“.  Here is the link:  


I knit these socks in yarn from Leading Men Fiber Arts “Show Stopper” and the color way is called “Yarn Hoarder”.  The contrasting heel and cuff are Plymouth Yarn “Dye for Me Happy Feet” in the color way called “Natural”.  I have never used yarn from “Leading Men Fiber Arts” before.  I will look for their yarn again.  It is very nice.  




Here’s a pair of socks knit in Sport Weight yarn from Knit Picks.  The yarn is from a kit my mom had purchased and I dyed the yarn with Easter egg dye last fall.  I’ll share more about that in another post.  For these socks I used a pattern called “Woodland Walk Socks”.  The pattern calls for fingering weight yarn.  Since I was using Sport Weight yarn, I modified the pattern by casting on only 52 stitches and I used larger needles than what the pattern called for.  The socks were fun to knit.  I did knit them cuff down, two at a time, on one long cable needle in Magic Loop.  This seemed like a good option since I was following a chart and knitting two at a time ensured they were identical.  I also opted to use a Strong Heel for my socks since I like that kind of heel when knitting two at a time in Magic Loop.

Here is the pattern link for the Woodland Walk Socks:


Here is a post about the Strong Heel: 




Here’s fun knit. This is a pattern called “Solar”.  It looks great in self striping yarn, don’t you think?   
Here is the pattern link for “Solar”:


For my socks, I opted to work a “Fish Lips Kiss Heel”:

Here is the Fish Lips Kiss Heel pattern link:


For my “Solar” socks I used yarn from Wisdom Yarn called “Prose” and the color way is called “Surf Shorts”.  I found this yarn at the store called “Tuesday Morning”.  I have purchased Wisdom Yarn brand yarn at Tuesday Morning a few times.  The colors in this color way are not my favorite but the socks fit great.  You can’t see it in the photos, but when these socks are worn, they are quite lacy with holes created from yarn overs.  They will be a good pair of socks to wear when the weather is a little warmer.  I have to admit I felt a little breeze blowing through my socks the other day when I wore them on a cold morning walk.  



And finally a pair of socks for my husband.  The yarn is Regia Design Line by Kate Fassett.  The color way is called “Jewel”.  I always like to knit with Regia yarn. This is just a plain sock that fits my husband well.  I use 72 stitches per round on 2.25 mm needles and I insert a Fish Lips Kiss Heel (pattern link noted above).  

So there you have it... our toes are toasty and our sock drawers are filled with colorful hand knits.








 

1 comment:

affectioknit said...

WOW!...what a bunch of beautiful socks!
~Have a lovely day!