Sunday, March 1, 2020

Walking Uphill... for Chocolate


Walking Uphill... for Chocolate


Not too long ago, I started to follow a lady on Instagram.  Her name is “Kaythearkydesigns”.  Here is her Ravelry profile as well (Click HERE).  I noticed a shawl she had completed called “Bojagi”.  I liked it so much, I knit the design myself.  Since I noticed her Instagram name included the word “design,” it made me wonder if she had some knitting patterns available.  Sure enough she does so I decided to buy some of her patterns and knit them up.  

This is her pattern called “Walking Uphill”.  Since my yarn reminds me so much of chocolate, I decided to call my project “Walking Uphill... for Chocolate”.  Ha, ha!  

This was a really nice knit.  It’s garter stitch and a little eyelet and involves short rows and wrapping and turning of stitches.  I used yarn from my Mom’s stash. Thanks Mom!  The yarn is called Araucania Huasco Semi-Solid.  You can see the yarn above.  The yarn had just enough color variation in it to show of this pattern’s unique design.  This shawl is knit from the bottom up. It starts with a wedge which leans one direction and then the next wedge leans the opposite direction.  Each wedge grows significantly as you work your way through the pattern. This is a great knit for TV watching. We’ve had a very snow February here in Southern Colorado and my husband has been recovering from a hamstring/knee injury. We have been watching way too much Netflix.  I watched a lot of the show “MADMEN” while knitting this shawl.

Lately I feel as if I have been completing a lot of projects. It’s amazing what happens when you just pick a pattern/project and only work on one project at a time (as opposed to randomly casting on a gazillion projects and haphazardly abandoning things before completion).  Finishing things feels good!

Here is a link to the “Walking Uphill” pattern from KAYTHEARKYDESIGNS (Weird name right, turns out Kay is a retired archaeologist who lives in New Mexico... I encourage you to check out her cool designs on Ravelry).




A nice generous sized shawl.


Ahh, here you can see those right and left leaning wedges and you can see how they wedges grow larger and larger from bottom to top.


Not the best photos.  Hard to photograph this shawl.


Knitting with two dogs. Sandy at the bottom of the photo (head under shawl) and Brutus at my feet toward the top of the photo.  This is how we watch TV at our house. I don’t need a blanket.


I’ve had this cool shawl pin in my craft room for years. It was a free prize included in a knitting magazine I purchased at Barnes and Nobel years ago.  There are some cool knitting magazines on the shelves at Barnes and Nobel and they are wrapped in clear plastic and often include a fun knitting related item or pattern booklet.  I think these magazines are from England.

No comments: