Sunday, February 17, 2019

Chunky Hats


Chunky Hats





A week or so ago, I made a pair of slippers.  I had to buy a second ball of yarn to finish slipper #2, so I ended up with nearly an entire ball of leftover chunky yarn. Ugh!

I decided to make a hat.  You can see the hat above in white and shades of gray.  The yarn is King Cole Comfort Chunky Multi in a colorway called "Humbug".  I started out following a pattern on Raverly but ended up doing my own thing. I took some notes but can't refer you to a pattern for this hat.

The next day I saw a really cool looking chunky hat with cables on Instagram.  The pattern called for holding two strands of worsted weight yarn together to basically create chunky-weight yarn.  It got me to thinking about the leftover quantities of Cascade Pacific and Cascade 220 Superwash in my craft room.  I purchased the pattern called "Braided Cable Beanie" on Raverly and made the two hats above with big ol' chunky cables.  For the shorter hat, I held together two strands of Cascade 220 Superwash (one strand of a reddish-brown and one strand of a heathery-purple). I was running out of yarn so I made this hat way shorter than the pattern called for.  For the longer hat, I held together another two strands of Cascade 220 Superwash (one strand of silver/gray and one strand of lavender).  I like using up some of the random yarn in my stash and I love they way the hats look using two different colors.  I am sure I have yarn in my stash to make up at least one more of these cool Braided Cable Beanies.  

Here is the link for the Braided Cable Beanie (Click HERE).  This pattern is available for purchase on Raverly.  



1 comment:

Clipping Path said...

Great post. Thanks so much for sharing!