Sunday, December 6, 2015

A hat named "Pete"


Susan B. Anderson published a new hat pattern this week. The pattern is called "Pete".  You can see it in the photo above and you can read more about it here:



The pattern calls for holding two strands of sock weight yarn together. It got me to thinking of the sock yarn in my stash. Instead of making a striped hat as prescribed in the hat pattern, I decided  to use a solid yarn and a self-striping yarn together for the entire hat sans stripes. 


I had a lazy day today, lounging with the puppies and working on this hat.  Yes, I am wearing hot pink pajamas with penguins on them. I think the hat looks good. The solid yarn is Knit Picks Stroll in Sapphire Heather and the colorful yarn is Regia Design Line Random Stripe by Kaffe Fassett. This hat pattern is sized for a man but I am already imaging other sock yarn I have and am trying to figure out how many stitches I'll want to cast in for a hat to fit me. 



No comments: