Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A Little Christmas Sewing...






I can't believe I forgot to post about this.  I had this done before Christmas but did not want to put it on my blog for fear my son might look over my shoulder and spoil the surprise.

For Christmas, I made this fleece blankie for my son.  It's a big piece of rather bright dark blue fleece and I added a fleece border.  It's hard to tell in the photos, but the fleece border is very similar to the color of tennis balls.  That wonderful bright yellow-green color.  My son is a tennis player and this was one of his Christmas gifts.  I cut the fleece into five inch strips and sewed the strips together.  I folded the strips in half lengthwise and then pinned and stitched down the border going through all three layers.  I also ended up going around and around the border with a big zig-zag stitch.

The blankie is far from perfect but I love how excited my son was when he opened it.   I love that every night he brings the blanket into bed with him and I love that every morning, when he wakes up, he brings his blankie out to the living room so he can be cozy while he watches some TV.  The blankie is five feet wide and six feet wide and my tall boy loves that he has something to cover his toes.

And I love that my son loves and appreciates a gift I made for him.



No comments: