Thursday, June 3, 2010

Out with the old...


OUR ICKY OLD CARPET
Looking toward the back door, the dining area is off to the right (the bright blue area is the pad under the old carpet... when I took this photo, they were tearing out the last of the carpet).

Out with the old and in with the new... new carpet that is! We've lived in our house for 18 years. The house was new when we moved in and the carpet was not high quality. We had a Rottweiler for the first 10 years and we've been needing to replace the carpet for a really long time. We finally bit the bullet... I thought it might just be easier to move to a new home than get new carpet... seriously! We were really dreading the hassle. The new carpet is in and it looks AMAZING! Our entire home feels brand new. Our new carpet is nice quality and is a blue/grey color called "Jana Blue".


Taa-dahhhh! Pretty, huh?

After working a 10 hour shift yesterday, I came home and painted our master bedroom. Knowing the carpet would be removed today, I used the carpet as my "drop cloth". Drip, drip, drip...oops! No problem! Several years ago, I had tried to decorate our bedroom and it was an absolute disaster (it's a long story). I painted the walls in a taupe/brown color called "Squirrel's Tail"... it was a Martha Stewart designer paint color... you know... a good thing! The color is lovely but just did not work well in our dark bedroom. I also installed the chair rail. I got my husband to snap a photo of me as I was painting over the last of the brown paint last night. I had to do two coats of paint... over two gallons. I wasn't done until 11:20 pm. Ugh! Painting is hard work. Our walls, ceiling, wood trim, baseboards, etc. are not white, but actually a nice pale shade of grey called "Minimal White". I really like it. I love how our bedroom looks now!


This is another view of the bedroom... new carpet and fresh paint. Our entire house, and especially the master bedroom, feel brand new! Getting the new carpet installed was a lot of work and a big hassle, but totally worth it!

No comments: