Thursday, August 27, 2009

It's going to be such a difficult choice!


Today, while my knitting group was knitting at Anne's Knit Shop (we meet there every Thursday), I took a break from my cabled strip for my afghan and browsed the Cascade 220 Superwash to see if I could settle on a few colors for The Great American Afghan... my class starts in mid-October! It's going to be so incredibly difficult to pick the yarn. The class instructor suggested I pick about six colors; she's an artist and she says she'll help me pick if I get stuck. I am partial to the heathered yarns, much like I used in my felted bag pictured here. Once I decided to focus on the heathered yarns, I was afraid to bring in color which was not heathered. I tried out a cream yarn and a really bold burgundy and it's amazing how just bringing in one color or subtracting one color can really make all the colors pop! I am not gifted with colors... I think that can really make or break the entire project. I am often fascinated how quilters do amazing things with colors, prints, fabric selections... I have so much to learn!

No comments: